Quarry Bay School’s latest newsletter is available to read now. Find out the latest news around the school and upcoming events.
Welcome back to Term 2 at QBS and Happy New Year to all families. Students have made a positive start to the new term. They have been very settled and focused on their learning this week. I was pleased to see how quickly students were back into their normal learning routines on Tuesday morning. It seems everyone has had a good rest over the holiday break.
Please look ahead for key dates on the calendar for Term 2. It will be another busy term at QBS.
Over the next few weeks I am looking forward to welcoming prospective Year 1 families for the coming academic year.
My door is always open to parents and I welcome your contact about matters which impact on your child’s school life at QBS. Please do not hesitate to contact me about any aspect of school.
Year 1 and 2 Athletics Events
The Year 1 and 2 Athletic Events will take place early in term 2. Invitations have been emailed to parents detailing information about the events.
- Year 2 Athletics – Wednesday 11th January
- Year 1 Athletics – Friday 13th January
Upcoming PTA Events
- Friday, 13th January 2017: “Shake & Shimmer” Disco
- Sunday, 22nd January 2017: Junior Chess Star Competition 2016
- Wednesday, 8th – 22nd February 2017: QBS Readathon
“SHAKE & SHIMMER” Disco
Countdown continues: 7 days to go
[Proceeds raised from the event will go towards the upgrading of the learning platforms for the benefit of all QBS students.]
Have been distributed to all students on Tuesday 3rd Jan 2017. To download order form for:
Payment: to be made by crossed cheque payable to: QBS PTA LTD.
(Please write the student name, class number, your mobile number and “Disco” on the back of the cheque for reference.)
- All students must be accompanied by an adult with a ticket to supervise them during the event. (Siblings below 2 years old are free to enter)
- All persons attending the event are required to order an entry ticket. No tickets will be sold at the door.
- All tickets include Disco entry, 1 selection of food item, and 1 juice pack.
- Deadline for all ticket orders is Monday, 9th January 2017.
- Parking: There is no parking space available at school. Please use the shuttle bus provided or use public transport for the event.
- Courtesy Shuttle Buses are provided by Jackson Coach Hire on selected routes. Click here for shuttle bus schedule.
Disco – Parent volunteers:
If you would like to assist with the event as a parent volunteer, please select your choice of area and inform us by email at email@example.com, as soon as possible.
Assistance required with:
- DJ: Upper School Disco
- Serving pizza
- Serving hot dog
- Serving popcorn
- SR Disco (limited to first 3 parent response)
- JR Disco (limited to first 4 parent response)
- Bar (limited to first 3 parent responses)
- Event photographers (limited to first 4 responses)
5th Junior Chess Star Competition 2016
Rescheduled date is: Sunday, 22nd January 2017
Registration has been extended till: 16th January 2017.
So if you have not yet registered please do so NOW!
Parent Volunteers – Chess Competition:
We welcome parent volunteers who would like to help with the event to contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
After school activities – Term 2:
All parents are obligated to inform the PTA if your child has been registered for after school activities in Term 2. Please notify us via email at email@example.com immediately, as it will involve a change to your child’s regular bus travel arrangement.
Change of bus travel arrangement:
We still have many parents who do not inform the PTA if their child/ren have a change in afternoon travel arrangements on the buses. The above results in a delay in departure of the buses from school, while the PTA and Senior Management of the school is looking for the missing students.
We therefore request your cooperation to notify us before 12:30pm of the day for change in travel arrangement of your child. This procedure is imperative and in the best interest and safety of your child. (Parents are requested to inform PTA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as copying the message to the Class Teacher/School before 12:30pm.)
Chinese New Year Break:
School will commence Chinese New Year Mid-Term Break on Friday, 27th January 2017. Last day of school (before the break) will be Thursday, 26th January 2017. School buses will run as per normal schedule.
Feedback or Suggestions
If you have any feedback, or suggestions you would like to make for our events or services provided, please email them directly to: email@example.com. Your email will be received directly by our Chairman, who will reply to you at the earliest available moment.
HELP US – IN OUR DRIVE FOR A GREENER ENVIRONMENT
We request all parents to support a greener environment by BYOB “bring your own bag” when you come to purchase items from the shop.
[With immediate effect the PTA Shop will no longer provide any shopping bags].
Please contact us on 2566 4242 (ask to transfer to PTA), or 2887 1004 for further queries, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during operation hours.
“Click here for PTA Office and Shop Operation”