Quarry Bay School’s latest newsletter is available to read now. Find out the latest news around the school and upcoming events.
We have done our very best to respond to the sudden school closure this week. School is not much fun without our students. We are all missing them. A deep clean of the whole school commenced on Thursday to ensure the site is safe and ready for the children when they return on Monday the 26th of February.
Class teachers have uploaded to Qoodle additional home learning tasks today for students. Year 1, 2, 3 work packs were posted home to students on Thursday. Please click here to read emails about home learning during the school closure. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can support your family during this period of time.
We feel disappointed not to be finishing the half term as planned with students and have rescheduled some of events which had to be postponed due to the closure of the school.
Please note the new dates for key events postponed or rescheduled due to school closure this week:
- Friday 2nd March – 9.00am Chinese New Year Assembly for parents
- Friday 9th March – 9.00am Year 2R/2G Class Assembly (revised date)
- Tuesday 27th of February – 8.30am to 12.00pm – Year 4 Athletics Day
- TBC for Term 3 – Chinese Grow Your Mind Day (a revised version of the Chinese Activity Day which was planned for the 9th of February)
- Year 5 Flower Market Trip – Unfortunately this trip was scheduled for next week and has been cancelled. It will not be rescheduled
Parent Teacher Consultations – Tuesday 6th March and Tuesday 13th March 2018
On Tuesday 6th March and Tuesday 13th March 2018, parents are invited to attend parent teacher consultations at school. We are looking forward to meeting you. Today, a separate email has been sent out regarding the arrangements for these consultations. Bookings should be made via the Gateway system, which will open at 12noon on Monday 12th February, and close at 9am on Monday 26th of February.
Please note, for parents of students in 6M, there is a variation to the dates, in that the consultations will take place on Tuesday 6th March and Wednesday 14th March 2018.
We look forward to welcoming you to school again soon.
Year 6 DTPP Vaccinations
The Department of Health will be coming to QBS for the Year 6 students vaccinations of DTPP. The consent/refusal forms have been given to the students. Please return all forms by Wednesday 28th February (date extended due to school closure). No late forms will accepted after this date.
Regards, Nurse Delia
Do your children get distracted from their home learning by technology?
This blog entry gives some useful advice for parents to help children manage the distractions presented by technology. There is also a link to some apps which can be configured to help monitor and block websites and apps that cause distractions whilst home learning is being undertaken. “Ourpact”, in particular, has been used successfully by a number of parents at QBS and other ESF schools.
South Africa Mobile Library Project
The Student Voice is taking action by encouraging students at QBS to participate in the South Africa Mobile Library Project book drive (see details below).
We are inviting students to donate books that are of a good condition. These books will then be sent to South Africa and used to stock a fleet of mobile libraries, which provide children in remote areas with free access to texts.
Please only donate books that meet the following requirements:
- Written in English Language
- Suitable for 6-12 years old
- Pages should not be yellow or brown (due to ageing)
- No missing or torn pages
- No scribbling on the pages
- No Textbook
- No Magazines
- No Encyclopedias
Due to the school closure, we will continue to collect books until Friday 2nd March. Therefore, the children can continue to donate books during the first week back after the CNY break.
Please click here to learn more.
Quarry Bay School’s PTA Committee is looking for a part-time administrator. The PTA Committee currently oversees the school’s uniform shop, bus operations and stages a number of social and fundraising events each year and ensures that Quarry Bay School PTA remains compliant with relevant legislation and guidelines relating to its activities. The administrator will provide support to the PTA Committee, particularly the Co-Chairs, Honorary Treasurer and Honorary Secretary.
- Provide general administrative support, including dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence (email and post) and responding to general enquiries
- Track and process all funds (incoming and outgoing) and maintain appropriate financial documentation, ensuring all legal requirements are fulfilled.
- Arrange necessary licenses for events, order equipment/services, track deliveries and provide general support as needed
- Provide support in organising and executing social and fundraising events
- Co-ordinate with shop staff and bus co-ordinator.
Working hours to be negotiated.
To apply for this position, or for any questions, please contact email@example.com.
ESF Language & Learning – Term 3 Enrolments