Quarry Bay School’s latest newsletter is available to read now. Find out the latest news around the school and upcoming events.
Key dates for the week of 26th February:
- Tuesday the 27th of February -Year 4 Athletics Day
- Thursday the 1st of March – Year 3 Athletics Event
- Friday the 2nd of March at 9 am – Chinese New Year Assembly for Parents (of the performers only)
Thank you to all parents for your patience and cooperation following the sudden closure of QBS last week. It has been a strange time in school and staff have missed the students. We have appreciated receiving feedback about the experiences for families at home and understand the school closure presented disruption to family life and some challenges too. We are looking forward to welcoming your child back to school on Monday the 26th of February.
The Qoodle home learning tasks set by teachers during the closure will cease today (Thursday the 15th of February). There is no expectation that the students complete all of the work set during the closure period or that students continue to do this school work through the Chinese New Year holiday break. We strongly recommend everyone takes a break from homework and enjoys time with family.
Please be aware of the following date changes:
- Friday 2nd March – 9.00am Chinese New Year Assembly for parents (of the performers only)
- Friday 9th March – 9.00am Year 2R/2G Class Assembly (revised date)
- Tuesday 27th of February – 8.30am to 12.00pm – Year 4 Athletics Day
- TBC for Term 3 – Chinese Grow Your Mind Day (a revised version of the Chinese Activity Day which was planned for the 9th of February)
I would like to wish all QBS families a very happy and prosperous Year of the Dog.
Kung Hei Fat Choi 恭喜發财！
Year 6 DTPP Vaccinations
The Department of Health will be coming to QBS for the Year 6 students vaccinations of DTPP. The consent/refusal forms have been given to the students. Please return all forms by Wednesday 28th February (date extended due to school closure). No late forms will accepted after this date.
Regards, Nurse Delia
‘ESF The First 50 Years’
‘ESF The First 50 Years’ is now published! This volume chronicles the ESF story, highlighting key events over the last 50 years. It also celebrates the successes and contributions of our students and staff, both past and current.
What’s in the Book?
- Stories of ESF’s major developments and milestones over the past five decades
- Interviews of all 22 ESF schools with key historic events and current whole school photos
- Exclusive interviews of 22 prominent alumni
- Interesting stories from 5 key leaders and 12 long-serving staff
The book is now available for sale via the ESF website: www.esf.edu.hk/50th-book/. Copies will also be available in major bookshops in Hong Kong.
More details: http://www.esf.edu.hk/2017/12/11/esf50-book/
ESF 50th Anniversary Carnival – 17 March 2018
Quarry Bay School’s PTA Committee is looking for a part-time administrator. The PTA Committee currently oversees the school’s uniform shop, bus operations and stages a number of social and fundraising events each year and ensures that Quarry Bay School PTA remains compliant with relevant legislation and guidelines relating to its activities. The administrator will provide support to the PTA Committee, particularly the Co-Chairs, Honorary Treasurer and Honorary Secretary.
- Provide general administrative support, including dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence (email and post) and responding to general enquiries
- Track and process all funds (incoming and outgoing) and maintain appropriate financial documentation, ensuring all legal requirements are fulfilled.
- Arrange necessary licenses for events, order equipment/services, track deliveries and provide general support as needed
- Provide support in organising and executing social and fundraising events
- Co-ordinate with shop staff and bus co-ordinator.
Working hours to be negotiated.
To apply for this position, or for any questions, please contact email@example.com.
South Africa Mobile Library Project
The Student Voice is taking action by encouraging students at QBS to participate in the South Africa Mobile Library Project book drive (see details below).
We are inviting students to donate books that are of a good condition. These books will then be sent to South Africa and used to stock a fleet of mobile libraries, which provide children in remote areas with free access to texts.
Please only donate books that meet the following requirements:
- Written in English Language
- Suitable for 6-12 years old
- Pages should not be yellow or brown (due to ageing)
- No missing or torn pages
- No scribbling on the pages
- No Textbook
- No Magazines
- No Encyclopedias
Due to the school closure, we will continue to collect books until Friday 2nd March. Therefore, the children can continue to donate books during the first week back after the CNY break.
Please click here to learn more.