6 Hau Yuen Path, Braemar Hill, North Point, Hong Kong
Tel: 2566 4242
Fax: 2887 9849
Doris Wong (Finance/HR Officer) Tel: 2566 4457
Principal: Ms. Sue Yee.
Quarry Bay School (QBS) is a 4 form entry Primary School within the English Schools Foundation (ESF) in Hong Kong. QBS follows the IB PYP Curriculum providing an outstanding education to 720 students representing a diverse range of nationalities.
Standards and expectations at QBS are high. The curriculum offered is aligned to the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme philosophy and framework. This involves an inquiry-based, investigative style of teaching and learning alongside a balanced delivery of core skills in literacy and numeracy.
The teaching staff are well qualified, experienced and work closely with colleagues within QBS and across other ESF schools. Staff-pupil relationships are excellent and are based on a strong sense of mutual respect.
Central to the life of the school, is a positive community spirit and the strong partnerships with parents. Parents are viewed as partners in school life at QBS.
Current positions, if we have any, will be listed below.
Quarry Bay School values the Arts as a key areas of focus in the school and we seek to appoint an Expressive Arts with Visual Arts Teacher to support PYP Expressive Arts programme from August 2022. This is a temporary position. The Expressive Arts and Visual Arts Teacher will teach aspects of music, dance, drama, and visual arts to classes and also support the teaching of individuals and groups. The Expressive Arts and Visual Arts Teacher will work collaboratively with the Lead Teacher of Expressive Arts to raise the profile of the arts across QBS. They will contribute to a dynamic, consistent and school wide approach to the arts through the IB Primary Years Programme.
The Expressive Arts and Visual Arts Teacher will further be expected to:
● Work closely with the Lead Teacher of Expressive Arts and colleagues to deliver the Expressive Arts and Visual Arts programs across the school (Y1-Y6).
● Support Arts performances within the school and across the ESF Foundation
● Support the school’s assembly programme
● Support the extra-curricular programme linked to Arts
● Support the Lead Teacher of Expressive Arts by working with teachers to ensure the Arts have authentic links across the PYP programme of inquiry
The position is full time and would work under the leadership of the Lead Teacher of Expressive Arts.
The Teacher must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria. He or she must:
● Hold qualified primary teacher status
● Be student-focused and set high expectations in Arts and deliver outcomes
● Have relevant teaching experience
● Have evidence of the ability to successfully work as part of a team
● Evidence of the ability to use technology to support and enhance learning and teaching
● Have sound knowledge and understanding of assessment including the ability to analyse data to support student attainment
● Have a knowledge and understanding of Individual Needs issues: including SEN, EAL and G&T
● Have a positive and optimistic outlook and warm personality
It would also be an advantage to any prospective candidate if they were able to demonstrate some or all of the following desirable criteria:
● Experience in teaching the Arts across the primary phase
● Evidence of further professional study
● The ability to play piano to a high standard
● Experience within an IB PYP curriculum framework
● Experience of teaching across the primary phase
● Teaching experience in both home country and overseas
Teachers with primary classroom teaching experience and the capacity to teach music, drama and dance are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must apply online. Please go to the ESF website
to apply for the position and for details.
For enquiries, please contact Sue Yee at +852 2566 4242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 22 May 2022
Quarry Bay School is seeking to appoint a full-time Learning Support Teacher from August 2022 to June 2023. The position will be a temporary contract only.
This role is highly collaborative so we are looking for a well-qualified, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, practitioner who will be confident within the primary years and thrive on team work. This is a non- class based role where the successful candidate will develop differentiated inclusion for target students across all year levels. The role predominantly involves supporting level of adjustment (LOA) 3/4 students and being responsible for their provision including liaison with class teacher, parents and external professionals. Sometimes LOA 2 students are also supported in class and during interventions by the Learning Support Teacher but this is in collaboration and discussion with Head of SEN. The Learning Support Teacher will work collaboratively with class teachers and in conjunction with the Head of SEN
The ability to differentiate the learning experiences for students is highly important in this role. Experience of working with external professionals in order to implement recommendations for students within the school context would be essential in this role. The Learning Support Teacher will also be required to work closely with the Head of Special Educational Needs (SEN).
The Learning Support Teacher must:
Classroom teachers with experience in teaching learning support students or students with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 5 June 2022
For enquiries, please contact Sue Yee at +852 25664242 or email@example.com
Please visit the ESF “Career” page for applications and for more ESF vacancies.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the English Schools Foundation’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.